Thursday 11 November 2010

Nature vs Nurture


This is an illustration I started in August but stopped for a month or two after I got a few... negative comments about it. But I found it again and it was so close to being finished I couldn't bring myself to leave it. So like it, lump it, not sure about the goat, here it is for you! The idea behind it was (a bit of a cliche) the goat with his little horns is the symbol of hell and the woman with her halo is the symbol of heaven. But if the goat is raised by the saint will it still be evil?
You know, the more I try to explain it, the less it makes sense. It doesn't really mean anything besides the visual juxtaposition because as an atheist I don't believe in the whole concept of heaven/hell, good/evil. So here you go, its a lady chilling with a goat. With slightly religious overtones.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you've drawn the coat of the goat! Not sure about the horned goat being a representative of hell though seeing as I'm an aries and thats a little too close to comfort for me, haha. Maybe you should draw some astrology signs? I bet they'll look awesome in your style!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! My first comment! I wanted to do something with more detail. Haha oh no! I didn't mean it like that! This one has his little black crown so it's not all goats. Besides, isn't Aries a Ram? Ah maybe I should! They are very interesting characters. Xxx

    ReplyDelete